Monday 23 March 2009

How do I get started with keyword research?

Hi Nji

When a website owner is deciding her keywords for her website, she
needs to put herself in the place of the person
who is searching for information on the topic of her website.

If there's one thing I've learned, it's that I am not good at
figuring out what someone would type into Google to reach one of my
sites. I always think I know the obvious search terms that someone
would use, and then I'm shocked at the simplicity of what folks
actually do type in.

The lesson of the story is-it's worth it to do keyword research.
You'll be creating your website keeping your keywords in mind, and
also writing your articles on the topics of your keywords (and
entering your keywords into the "Enter Your Article Form" on
SubmitYOURArticle.com to be used in your article submissions).

So, it might be a good idea to take some time on the front end and
figure out what your keywords are. But how?

Luckily there are tools created just for this purpose. On the web
there are many free keyword research resources and some that cost
money. Let's look at a few ...

No comments:

Post a Comment